BunZer0 teams up with four different artists across the Darabuka EP so be prepared for a bit of an aural surprise in each track. First up it's a collab with Katya Gabeli; mournful, trembling strings introduce the cut, which is characterized by thudding, oppressed drum kicks and quirky SFX. This contrasts nicely with the Mr Jo collaboration "Chapati", an altogether more experimental piece with murmuring atmospherics and Eastern sitars that might have influenced the track title. Bunzero teams up with Kamine for the rolling, chiming title track, before he goes solo for a deep, meditative slice of soulfulness with clicks and bleeps a-plenty in "Liana". Last but not least "Metaphysical" brings the EP to a close.
Friday, 21 December 2012
01. Synkro - Don't Want - Forthcoming Apollo
02. Manasseh and Adam Prescott - Praises Unto Dub Feat Rod Taylor - Forthcoming Reggae Roast
03. Versa - Geometrics - Deepheads
04. Beneath - Duty - FOrthcoming Tectonic
05. Albert - Lucky King Thing RMX - Studio Rockers
06. Decyfer - Chewed Up - Forthcoming XVI
07. V Peilivanidis - Awe - Unreleased
08. LAS - Minus 10 - Unreleased
09. LAS - Unselfish Love - Unreleased
10. LAS - Tigersleep - Unreleased
11. LAS - Wounded - Unreleased
12. LAS - Blood - Unreleased
13. LAS - Need Fire - Unreleased
14. LAS - Sensei - Unreleased
15. LAS - Preaching - Forthcoming Box Clever
16. LAS - Memories - Box Clever
17. LAS - Twilight - Unreleased
18. LAS - Power surge VIP - Unreleased
19. LAS - Crowded - Unreleased
20. LAS - Defend Chamber - Unreleased
21. LAS - Zaikedelic Woman - Forthcoming Box Clever
22. ARtroniks and BunZer0 - Metaphysical - Mindstep Music
23. Tunnidge - Take Flight - Deep Medi
24. Asylum - Blindfold - Uprise Audio
25. Heny G - Candy - Forthcoming Gangsta Boogie
26. Sideprojekt - Temple Ruckspin & Medison RMX - Freebie
27. Twisted - Visions - Unreleased
28. TeeFreqs - Braveheart - Deepheads
29. Gantz - Enso - Forthcoming Innamind
30. Rakoon - The Essence - Unreleased
31. Luthor - Click - Forthcoming Haunted Audio
32. ENA - Monolyth - Forthcoming 4essera
33. Egoless - Dirty Piece of Dub - Unreleased
34. Killawatt and Ipman - Warehouse Dub - Forthcoming Lion Charge
35. LAS and Mikael - Drumspeak - Unreleased
36. BunZer0 and Kamine - Darabuka - Mindstep Music
37. Camu - Damascus BunZer0 RMX - Forthcoming Mu Djina
38. Occult - Mesopatamia feat MrJo - Forthcoming Smokin Sessions
Monday, 17 December 2012
DIGITAL - TUNES
After a great response to our October release “The Compilation 2012” we come to the end of what has been another important year at MindStep Music…Celebrating the transition into 2013 with another fresh release, we are extremely proud to present a 5 track project from one of the most respected figures in the underground bass music community. BunZer0 is a long time bass music fanatic and supporter of emerging talent: having hosted the infamous FOB Show on Sub FM for seven years and played all over the world as well as producing his own material, his name has become synonymous with the most fresh and progressive sounds in the changing dubstep genre.
Empowered by this broad palate of electronic music, it’s not surprising that Ben’s own tracks are skillfully crafted with a discerning ear and a clear endeavour to establish his own unique sound. Part of this ethos is the inclusion of organic sounds, and the opening track of the Darabuka EP is just one recent example of BunZer0 working alongside musicians…
The powerful suspense of Katya Gabeli’s violin creates an evocative introduction to Ambivalent and the drop quickly establishes a deep-rooted, swaying sub bass stride which carries the strings along with crisp drums and flickering FX. Teaming up with his friend and radio show partner Mr. Jo on his diatonic harmonica for the next track, Chapati has a stomping east meets wild west vibe, as the live harmonica combines with sultry sitar stabs and tribalist tabla movements in a surging symphony.
Title track Darabuka sees another collaboration, this time with Moroccan percussionist Kamine who provides a shuffling rhythm to accompany substantial bassline rumble and eerie, esoteric synth work. Turning to solo studio work for the mechanized march of Liana, Ben draws again for key ethnic percussive elements and tribal chants, ridden by staggering electro synth riffs all bubbling on top of some serious sub pressure!
Completing the EP with another partnership, Ben teams up with ARtroniks on the swirling ethereal stepper Metaphysical – a heady mix of shimmering harmonious synths and intricate drum work, underpinned by powerful but ultra clean low end reverberations.
We are honoured and excited to present such a varied and accomplished body of work, from an esteemed individual who plays such an important role in this burgeoning underground scene and we truly hope that you enjoy it!